Frequently Asked Questions

The following is a list of answers to questions we’ve received more than once. Take a look below, and if you have a question you don’t see answered here, please call or email Manitoba Government Inquiry.


Who is Manitoba’s Premier and what party does s/he lead?

Premier Brian Pallister  is Manitoba's 22nd Premier. He took office May 3, 2016 and succeeds former Premier Greg Selinger .

top of page

Is there an online list of Manitoba Members of the Legislative Assembly?

Yes, the list can be found on the Legislative Assembly website at

top of page

Is there an online list of the current Cabinet Ministers in the Manitoba government?

The list of Cabinet Ministers is on the Legislative Assembly website at

top of page

Where can I get copies of Acts (Statutes) and Regulations for Manitoba?

The Manitoba Queen’s Printer - Statutory Publications is the central distribution centre for acts, regulations and other Legislative material, the Manitoba Gazette, the CCSM (Continuing Consolidation of the Statutes of Manitoba)

Queen’s Printer - Statutory Publications
10th floor - 155 Carlton Street,
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 3H8

Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Tel: 204-945-3103
Email: queensprinter@gov. mùa bóng wc

Manitoba acts and regulations are available free of charge online at the Manitoba Laws website and are deemed to be an official version unless otherwise indicated.

The public can access the Manitoba Laws website at The Legislative Library, Main Floor, 200 Vaughan Street in Winnipeg, the Legislative Reading Room in the Legislative Building at 450 Broadway in Winnipeg and the Millennium Library at 251 Donald Street in Winnipeg.

Print copies are available for purchase from the Queen's Printer. Please call ahead or send an e-mail for prices and to place an order.

I am researching my family tree. Where can I get information?

The Manitoba Genealogical Society is a good source. You may contact them as follows:

Manitoba Genealogical Society Inc.
Unit E 1045 St. James St,
Winnipeg, MB R3H 1B1

They ask that a stamped self-addressed envelope accompany requests for information.

Tel: 204-783-9139
Fax: 204-783-0190

How can I get records of births, marriages or deaths?

To obtain copies of birth, death and marriage certificates for events occurring in Manitoba contact the Vital Statistics Agency.  If you need other identification replaced, please click on this link.

To order a certificate for yourself, your spouse or your child, you must complete an application form and provide all relevant information. Applications are available in person from the Vital Statistics Agency or on the website. Drop in, fax or mail your request. The fees for certificates are $30. Payment can be made by cheque, money order or credit card (VISA or MasterCard). Cheques and money orders should be made payable to the Minister of Finance. You can drop off the completed application, along with the fee, at the Vital Statistics Agency or send it by mail or fax.

Manitoba Vital Statistics
254 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg MB R3C 0B6

Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Tel: 204- 945-3701
Toll Free in Manitoba: 1-866-949-9296
Fax: 204-948-3128
Email: vitalstats@gov. mùa bóng wc

How do I find government-related business information?

Starting or growing your business? The best place to start is Entrepreneurship Manitoba which offers a range of programs and services available for entrepreneurs in all stages of the business life cycle.

Entrepreneurship Manitoba can help you. Let's get started!

Entrepreneurship Manitoba - Business Services Division
250-240 Graham Avenue
Winnipeg MB R3C 0J7

Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Tel: 204- 945-8200
Email: EMBinfo@gov. mùa bóng wc
Website: /d39/business/index.html

top of page

Who do I contact to register a business name in Manitoba?

The Companies Office registers information about corporations and business names in Manitoba. It also maintains a registry of names under which business is conducted. To register or incorporate a trade name, application must be made to the Companies Office and the proposed name is reviewed to ensure that no other business has an identical or similar name to the one you want to use for your business. Application forms are available in person, by phone, fax or can be downloaded from the Companies Office website.

The Companies Office also offers secure online reservation of business or corporate names. If you are planning to go into business, or if you are changing the name of your company, the name of the company has to first be searched at The Companies Office, and reserved if it appears to be available.

Companies Office
1010 - 405 Broadway
Winnipeg, MB R3C 3L6

Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Tel: 204-945-2500
Toll Free in Manitoba: 1-888-246-8353
Fax: 204-945-1459
Email: companies@gov. mùa bóng wc
Website: mùa bóng wc

 top of page

How can I conduct business with the Government of Manitoba?

The Procurement Branch is responsible for acquisition of goods and services for the majority of departments plus it provides departments and certain agencies with centralized tendering and contracting services. For more information please contact them at:

Procurement Services Branch
2nd Floor, 270 Osborne Street North
Winnipeg, MB R3C 1V7

Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Tel: 204-945-6361
Toll Free in Manitoba: 1-800-282-8069 ext. 6361
Fax: 204-945-1455
Email: procserv@gov. mùa bóng wc

Please note that most Manitoba government tenders for goods over $2,500 and tenders for services and construction over $100,000 are posted on the MERX website.

 top of page

How can I get in touch with the provincial tax office?

The Taxation Division has information available on retail sales tax, health and education tax, corporation capital levy as well as fuel tax, tobacco tax and mining tax. For more information and forms, please contact:

Taxation Administration Branch
101 - 401 York Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0P8

Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Tel: 204-945-6444
Toll Free in Manitoba: 1-800-782-0318
Fax: 204-948-2087
Email: mbtax@gov. mùa bóng wc

top of page

What are Manitoba’s symbols or emblems?

Manitoba’s official symbols or emblems are:

How can I contact someone in the provincial government?

Most government employees can be found using the online phone book or by contacting  Manitoba Government Inquiry.

Where can I find information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Manitoba?

The primary access point to the Government of Manitoba is through Manitoba Government Inquiry. They can assist you in identifying the program, service, or person that you need to speak to in the provincial government. The fastest way to get information is by telephone, or if you wish, through fax or email. Manitoba Government Inquiry is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time.

Tel: 204-945-3744
Toll Free in Manitoba: 1-866-MANITOBA (1-866-626-4862)
Email: mgi@gov. mùa bóng wc

Where can I find information on the accessibility of government services for persons with disabilities?

Making our services accessible is part of the Manitoba government's policies, practices and planning. For more information, visit the Accessibility of Government Services page.


How do I get birthday or anniversary greetings from the provincial government?

The Greetings Office coordinates birthday and anniversary greetings from various government officials including the Queen and the Prime Minister. You may contact them as follows:

Greetings Coordinator
302-405 Broadway
Winnipeg, MB R3C 3R6

Monday to Friday
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.

Tel: 204-945-1657
Fax: 204-948-3772
Email: greetings@legassembly. mùa bóng wc

How can I get information about hunting and fishing in Manitoba?

A wide array of information on hunting and fishing is available from Manitoba Conservation.

Where can I find information about job opportunities in Manitoba?

If you are seeking employment opportunities within the provincial government, all jobs are posted on the Civil Service Commission’s Job Opportunities site

Employment opportunities for health care professionals within Manitoba’s Regional Health Authorities can visit the Manitoba Health Careers website.

For Federal government job opportunities, please go to the Public Service Commission’s website .

Job Bank - a service provided by Service Canada:

How do I get in touch with the Manitoba Public Insurance?

You may contact MPI at:

Manitoba Public Insurance
Administrative Office
Main Floor - 234 Donald Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 1M8

Hours: Phone Service
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Hours: Walk In Service
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Tel: 204-985-7000 Customer Service
Toll Free: 1-800-665-2410
Fax:  204-985-3525
Website: www.mpi. mùa bóng wc

Where can I get detailed maps of Manitoba?

Contact Travel Manitoba to obtain tourist information and maps of Manitoba or call 1-800-665-0040. offers maps for online purchase at

Or get an official highway map online.

What is the population of Manitoba?

The population of Manitoba, according to the 2011 Statistics Canada census is 1,208,268.

What is Winnipeg´s population?

According to the 2011 census, the population of the metropolitan area of Winnipeg is 730,018.

Where can I get travel information about Manitoba?

Travel information is available on the Travel Manitoba website at or phone toll-free at 1-800-665-0040.

If you enjoy the great outdoors, check out our Provincial Parks Guide.

Where can I go to find out about the will of an ancestor?

The Archives of Manitoba holds Manitoba probate records including wills and estate files for individuals who died in Manitoba.

For more recent probate records (after 1984 in Winnipeg and later in other courts), you can use the Court Registry System online.

I’m thinking of immigrating to Manitoba. Where can I find information about immigration procedures and other facts I should know about the province?

The Manitoba government website has an excellent section that provides an overview of information you may need to consider when immigrating to this province, including updates on the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program. The information is general in nature and provides many links and contacts to answer your questions. The immigration section can be found at

Manitoba Immigration
5th floor, 213 Notre Dame Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
R3B 1N3

Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Telephone: (Canada 001) 204-945-2806
Toll Free in Manitoba: 1-800-665-8332
Fax: (Canada 001) 204-948-2148
Email:immigratemanitoba@gov. mùa bóng wc


I’m a student doing a school project about Manitoba.  Where can I find some facts and information your province?

A good place to find facts about Manitoba is the Travel Manitoba website at

Other good sources of information are the About Manitoba site and the Manitoba Trade website Manitoba Quick Facts.

Some frequently asked questions are also available on how the Manitoba Government works on the Legislative Assembly website.

top of page

Who do I contact about getting a Manitoba driver license?

Contact Manitoba Public Insurance at Driver Licencing information line at 204-985-7000 or toll-free 1-800-665-2410.


Where can I get information on employment standards, minimum wage, statutory holidays, or vacations?

The Employment Standards site has detailed information covering topics such as overtime, minimum wage, sick days, termination, vacation leave and more. 

How can I get information about drinking water in Manitoba?

A wide array of information on drinking water is available from the Office of Drinking Water website.

Where can I get information about testing of private wells affected by flooding?

For information regarding testing of private wells affected by flooding, visit the Office of Drinking Water website.

mùa bóng wc Where can I find information about how to test or disinfect my private well?

A series of well water fact sheets are available through the Manitoba Health website, and include procedures for testing and disinfecting private wells.